Timely payment for lessons is the responsibility of the student and/or parent.
- The charge (per lesson) is $30, for a regular 30 minute weekly session or $50 per hour at The Jim Howell Music Studio. All lessons shall be paid in full in advance of the lesson,prepaid by the month (with the exception of a first lesson ever.)
- Checks, cash or Visa/MC are all accepted for payment. Checks should be written out to either “Jim Howell”, "The Jim Howell Music Studio" or “Jim Howell Drums & Percussion”. Written receipts are always available upon request.
- A $25 fee will apply to all returned checks. This fee and the lesson payment must be paid in cash prior to the next scheduled lesson. All subsequent lesson payments must be made in cash thereafter.
- All lesson payments and prepayments are nonrefundable. In the case of a postponement of lessons, lesson credits can be held and used later. Any credits will be valid for up to six months.
Schedules change, illness, family needs, and other pursuits create conflicts.
- A 24-hour notice is requested for cancellation of a scheduled lesson.
- Proper notice will allow for a make up lesson to be scheduled, if the time is available. If no make-up is available, or is not desired by the student, payment will carry forward.
- Insufficient notice, or missing a lesson, will forfeit the prepayment of that lesson.
- No more than two cancellations without payment will be permitted per month. If extended absences are unavoidable, payment for all lessons beyond two must be made in order to retain a specific timeslot. The alternative is giving up the timeslot and rescheduling in the future, based on availability.
Emergencies, accidents, and forgetfulness do happen.
- To avoid any miscommunication, please email or call, even if it is during or after an unavoidably missed lesson.